Monday, February 23, 2009

2-23
Not a lot of new things to report this entry. I hope we haven’t bored you to much with our vacation tales. Camille is here this week and she is getting relaxed after her trip here on Friday. I went to the airport to pick her up. I took the Combi from downtown to the airport. Combi’s are Toyota vans with bench seats against the interior walls. That got me to the airport almost as fast as a taxi, and for only 7 pesos or about 50 cents. When she arrived she only had a carry on bag. So, I said follow me. We went back across the parking lot, about 100 yards to the combi stand. One was just pulling up. The taxi ride from the airport is 320 pesos and about 210 pesos for the ride back to the airport. Different companies. It has to do with supply and demand. They have you most of the time.
Now for the math.
Bus to town - 5 pesos
Combi to the airport 7.5 pesos
Combi back from airport 15 pesos for 2 people
The big one, cab from downtown 35 pesos

Total 62.5 pesos

Airport taxi 320
Taxi to airport 150
Savings 407.5 pesos!!!!! Or 3 bottles of JB scotch
I asked her if that was cheap or thrifty. She said a little of each, but, I did pay!
I went for another hike with our friend Mike yesterday. We had another road to explore that is being pushed in to the south of us. It is all part of what was billed as the new shortcut to the airport. It is a shortcut to another development. If I give them the benefit of the doubt, I guess you could keep pushing the road to the southeast until it tied in with the highway. We agreed that it probably won’t happen in our lifetime. They will have great views when they are done, but us common folks won’t be invited up their. We saw some interesting animal tracks up there, including a pretty good size imprint of where a snake or two had crossed the road in the soft powdery dirt. I’m glad we didn’t see those guys.
Camille, Judy and Vera are on a shopping safari today to Ixtapa and other locations unknown. I have just been hanging in at the house today.
Warren
Camille and the Grinch. He is the mascot from her department at Starbucks corportate. He has been all over the world. The brought him by on her last day with the swim suit and shades. How could she say no.


Dinner with friends at Jungle Pizza. It is about a 1/4 mile down the road from us. They have great wood fired pizza.





We have seen a few animal tracks like these and some other types also during our hikes. These are about the size of my hand. Also saw some big snake prints in the soft dirt of the road. Yikes!





No comments:

Post a Comment