Thursday, March 5, 2009

3-5
Perhaps I was a little premature in chastising “Jacque” for cutting off our wifi connection. We are connected again. It makes you upset when your routine is changed. We are on a tight schedule here.
The blog entries are reaching a close. I might get one more after this one.
Judy and I went to Paty’s yesterday for most of the morning to say adios to a couple friends. Two more friends went home yesterday, with two more tomorrow, and two more on Saturday, and then us on Sunday! It has been a wonderful escape for us. Every year we make more new friends and get to know the locals a little better. Tuesday I headed to town mid day with intentions of walking. It was getting hot so I decided I would catch the next bus. A Mexican gentleman stopped and gave me a ride. He is a local merchant with a couple of stores. One is a tienda and the other sells small furniture and decorating items. He didn’t know me from the next guy, but gave me a ride to Centro. In spite of the bad press you hear about Mexico, the majority of the people are just plain nice folks. We have not lost sight of that fact, and it is a big part of what brings us back year after year, and of course, maybe the 88 plus degrees everyday in January and February.
I was headed for my third haircut from Rigo. Haircut, beard and mustache trim and a shave. He only wanted 50 pesos, but I always give him more.
Last night we went into town for a little shopping and dinner. We had a great traditional Mexican meal and a very pleasant evening. This afternoon I believe we are going up to La Escollera for lunch and pool time. We have enjoyed our dinners up there and will try the afternoon time now.
Tomorrow we have told ourselves that we will get most of our things packed up. I purchased another plastic barrel downtown and that will make two now, plus a couple of beach chairs and umbrella. We have a lot of kitchen items, beach towels, some clothes and etc. We will store them here at the house until next year. We just tape them shut to keep the critters out! If they are not here when we return, oh well. They always are though.
Saturday, Eric’s daughters Erica and Perla are coming over for the afternoon. Judy wanted to spend a little more time with them. They are the kids we help with school funding. They will be here while Eric goes to the beach to sell silver jewelry. It will be another swim fest in the pool and probably to the beach for lunch.
Alfredo just popped his head in the door to let me know he was going to Centro. We always let him know where we are going. He keeps a close eye on us. We will miss him very much. I reminded him yesterday morning as I handed him his morning coffee, only cuatro mas coffees! It was in my very best “Spanglish”!
- Warren

Warren does such a good job of telling it all, that there is very little left for me to tell! But we are both leaving with mixed feelings. We love it here so very much, but it is hard to be gone so long from friends and family back home. This year a lot of you came down here to join us, and it was delightful. Hayden – I hope you haven’t forgotten auntie and uncle!!

I have a lobster salad coming up in my very near future today at La Escollera – that’s all my agenda holds for the day! That and a little more sun and view with our lunch.

I just went for a morning visit with my friend Vera. We have only a couple more days to go before we won’t see each other for another year. So we are getting in as much yakking as we can. She is already packing – worrying about where all her treasures will go and how she will make it home. She always makes it!! Warren and I have that chore to do tomorrow so we can be free on Saturday to entertain Perla and Erica. What a great way to spend our last day! They are 5 and 7 and look forward to playing with us – even though communication is difficult! Nothing difficult about playing with them in the pool or at the beach, however. Spoiling is easy.

Hope to see all of you soon!
- Judy
These are some catching up photos from last weekend and Monday's trip to Los Gatos. We were just able to choke this lunch down. It's the same Hell, just a different day.


This is what we had to put up with after hiking over to Los Gatos.





Hiking over to Los Gatos along the shore. This was the first time we made this trek. It wasn't to bad, and the trail starts just down the street from us.








The girls enjoying pool time last Saturday.







No comments:

Post a Comment