Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Evening Post

Mexico is almost like Texas, they grow them big down here. I believe they call this guy a wood bee. I think they burrow into trees and soft wood.

I’m getting a lot of flack for not posting often enough. Obviously you folks don’t know what we are going through down here. Just this morning, I had to go to the Mercado for a few items then to the bank, and then picked up a roasted chicken with rice. Then I had to wait for the bus, and, pay the increased fare. It now is costing another peso to go round trip. Life just isn’t fair some times! Plus, I have to get up early to get the blog to go. My wireless card gets bogged down in the afternoons and evenings.

We have both been fighting colds this week. Mine is almost gone, but Judy is on the beginning of hers. I picked up some cold medicine at the Farmacia along with my other shopping this morning.

Judy went to Ixtapa a couple of days ago with Jeanne for a little retail therapy. It appears to have been a very therapeutic venture. I was not feeling so good with my cold, so I stayed here to rest. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a little bug hit the wall on the back patio and wound up on it’s back. A couple of shots of raid and it finally quit moving a couple of hours later.

I also picked up some junk food earlier in the week for some friends, but Judy wouldn’t let all of it go. Pork rinds from one of the vendors at the Mercado. They are in a big wash tub in pieces about 8 x 10 or so. I will eat almost anything, but I do draw the line at deep fried pork fat.

I might try to catch the Vikings vs Saints game with Dan tomorrow. I believe it is on about 5:30.

We are both ready for a beach fix. We haven’t spent much time on the beach yet. To much other stuff going on. Our company starts arriving next Friday and we will have a house full for a little over two weeks. We will be busy this week with more wedding plans and of course a trip to the bank or two.

I started this entry on Saturday and it is now Monday morning 7:30 AM. We hung around the house for the last couple of days getting over our colds, but we seem to be much better now. I am still having some trouble with posting photos, but might just make one of the posts photos and not much text. I will keep trying to get the bugs worked out.

Last night we went to a place we have never been to. It is a restaurant called El Pueblito. It is a large court yard and they have barbacoa on Sunday. The specialty for the baracoa is lamb. It was very good and we had a nice time. We went with two other couples from Ferndale. I missed the football games last night, but we did follow the end of the Saints vs Vikings when we got home via internet updates. It looked like a good one and hopefully the Superbowl will be a good game.

I will end this now and work on some additional photo entries.

Warren




No comments:

Post a Comment